About Me

My photo
I am a student at AUCB studying Costume with Performance Design. This blog is all bout my last project in 2nd year, Self Directed Project

Thursday, 24 May 2012

My third lesson

In this lesson I was going to be more organised with the way the class was going to run today. As soon as I got there I prepared the die buckets with the purple die's. With the help from some of the children we managed to put the T-shirts in everyones place so it was ready for them to come and start the next bit of tie dye after I had explained what to do. I felt I had a lot to fit in today as it all needs to be finished so I can take it all home and make the back packs for next lesson.

To start off the lesson I explained what to do next in the tie dye they all seemed to get on really well this this and like before to them with groups of about 6 to the buckets for them to dye. after this they had to options with what they could do finish off the rapping of wire and centrecane or painting the yellow spots to go onto the legs. When the children got distracted I would change what they were doing and towards the end of the lesson we even had some of the children rinsing out the T-shirts ready to hang out side to dry again. this helped me and the other teachers out as it meant we didnt have to stay  behind later to do this. 

All in all this lesson went so much smoother than the last and I feel like I have more time to breath and really enjoy the lessons and get to know the children more. As before I felt like I has running round from class to class and only really having chance to helping the children that asked for it. But today I felt like I had got into a little rhythm and really understanding how the teaching worked. Everything got finished but the end of the day and I was able to take everything home on the train. 



Now to start making the backpacks 

No comments:

Post a Comment