To get my ideas going I looked on the Facebook page for Moving Tides and we also Went down to Weymouth to look at past costumes in person. This was so helpful as I could see how the costumes have been made. It really gave me an idea of what the children will be capable of and what standard the costumes will be.
The idea of having a big fish or a big structure at the binning of the procession really interested me. The thought of that leading, then the children all being smaller versions would be quite a nice idea. Although you really need to think about the structure of them, as some that I saw had broken and fallen apart. The weakest point was where the structure was put of the holding pole and this had broken on some of them. Also thinking about wait as it would be one of the children carrying it you don't want them to struggle with holding the structure upright.
So after the Weymouth visit I had lots to think about with lots of ideas in my head. It was such a good idea to see the costumes, but with still a few more weeks to wait till we start the project, it was hard not to leap straight in and start designing.
About Me
- Ellen McQuaid
- I am a student at AUCB studying Costume with Performance Design. This blog is all bout my last project in 2nd year, Self Directed Project
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Labels
- SDP Development 002 (9)
- SDP Evaluate 004 (6)
- SDP Planning 001 (14)
- SDP Reflect 003 (12)
No comments:
Post a Comment